Steve K is from Northeast Kansas and is a good friend of mine. Steve offered to tell me his story in order to help encourge others to stay positive. A couple years back Steve was laid off his job working at a leather company. For about 6 months he recieved unemployment while searching for another job. With not many people hiring in the area he was unable to find a job and his unemployment ran out. Because Steve could not afford his bills and living expenses he had to move back in with his parents. For about the next year and a half he continued to apply for jobs while helping his dad on the farm for some extra cash. Steve finally caught a break a few months ago when he applied to a new company in the area that makes the bases for street lights. He was hired on making decent wages and good benefits. Because the company was new and he was one of the first people hired he is now in a foreman position for the 2nd shift. He says even though he had to go through a rough patch that it was worth it. He says he has finally found a job he likes and is confident that it will be the last job he ever has to apply for. Steve now lives on his own again and has enough extra money to continue his hobbies and save up for retirement.
- Don't forget to send us your resume to get reviewed by us! email@example.com 7 years ago
- How social media can affect your job search http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs9Wu6G5vVc 7 years ago
- Social Media and Your Job Search http://wp.me/p1pWp2-I 7 years ago
- RT @AccountingHW: 7-Senior Financial Analyst (CPA)- Corporate Consolidations Job at GM (Detroit, MI): 7-Senior Financial Analyst... http ... 7 years ago
- RT @Fresno_Jobs_: Fresno Job: Account Manager - Fresno: Coca-Cola Refreshments - Fresno, CA - * Responsible for achieving sales... http: ... 7 years ago